Silo wants to make it easy for our users to get their product where it needs to go; this is why we offer instant freight pricing and booking with guaranteed rates. If we surface a freight rate for your order, we will:
- Honor the price shown.
- Do the legwork to source the truck, track the truck, and give you status updates.
- Help you to troubleshoot the load in the event of issue.
Once a booking is requested, Silo will work to ensure that your load gets to its destination on time and at the price quoted by Silo—all with minimal effort by you. There are three ways to generate a quote and subsequently book your load:
Book the automatically generated quote that appears on a sales order (see How to Book Freight for an SO for more information).
- Book the automatically generated quote that appears on a purchase order (see How to Book Freight for a PO for more information).
Get a quote and book from any screen in Silo by opening the Freight dropdown menu in the navigation bar and selecting Book freight (covered by this guide).
In the Book Freight panel, users must input the following information to generate a guaranteed freight rate:
- Vehicle type: the type of trailer requested
- Pickup: the pickup zip code and pickup date for the load
- Delivery: the delivery zip code and delivery date for the load
Once all of these fields are populated, Silo will generate a guaranteed freight rate. This rate is a fully loaded cost that Silo will honor unless there are meaningful adjustments requested such as reschedules, additional costs, etc. The goal is to make freight booking easy.
Users can press Next to then enter additional details about the shipment, including:
- Pickup and delivery addresses
- Pickup and delivery appointments
- Pallet count and weight
- Any special pickup or delivery requests
Once the user submits by pressing Book, Silo will begin sourcing a carrier for the load.
The user can review the status of the load from the Freight > Loads screen in Silo. For more information, see How to Review Your Freight Loads.